1) City of Coventry Open Meet – 24th and 25th November
CASC had 32 swimmers attending the level 3 meet on the Sat and Sun
Swimmers had some amazing races gaining over 62 PBs picking up 17 gold, 17 silver and 15 bronze medals
2) Leicester Autumn League – Round 3 the Finals – held at EMIP on December 8th
After winning rounds one and two CASC went into the final round in second place. The competition was tough with CASC taking 2nd place.
3) Leicester Sharks Christmas Cracker Open Meet – 15th /16th December – held at Nuneaton
CASC had 40 swimmers attending the level 3 meet
Swimmers gained 107 PBs picking up 19 gold, 21 silver and 14 bronze medals.
4) City Of Leicester Open Meet – 16th, 17th and 18th November – held at Braunston Pool
CASC had 24 swimmers in attendance at this level 3 meet gaining 43 PBs and winning 4 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze medals.
5) Nova Centurion Open Meet – 20th and 21st October – held at Nottingham Harvey Hadden Pool
CASC had 20 swimmers in attendance at this level 2 meet gaining 56 PBs and winning 12 gold, 5 silver and 5 bronze medals.
6) GB Winter Short Course Nationals – 14th, 15th and 16th December – held at Sheffield Ponds Forge
David Gillespie and Archie Evans were eligible to attend the Swim England National Winter Short Course – both gaining PBs in their races and valuable experience.
7) Northamptonshire Senior Inter County League – 7th Oct – held at Sheffield
CASC had 4 swimmers selected to swim for the County the team – Louis Mitchell, David Gillespie, Archie Evans and Libby Evans. They all swam amazingly well and ensured that the team stayed up in Divison 1 by placing 15th.
8) Regional Short Course – 3rd and 4th of November – held at Nottingham Harvey Haddon Pool
CASC had 8 swimmers – Louis Mitchell, David Gillespie, Caleb O’Brien, Archie Evans, Amber Bales, Olivia Snook, Katy Wilson, Lucy Kendall who were eligible and all swam well with some great PBs.
9) NASA Records
Archie Evans broke a County Record for 50m long course back stroke for which he has claimed the The Junior Age Group record.
10) Coaching courses
IOS swim England are running Coaching courses level 1 and 2 utilising our swimmers, to be held at EMIP during Dec – April.
11) Charity support
CASC are helping the CRANSLEY HOSPICE to raise money for this worthwhile cause on March 9th by running a Swimathon along side companies and other swim clubs on the Saturday evening from 5.00pm – 9.00pm (Further info to follow). Please book the date in your diary if you are interested in supporting this worthwhile cause.
12) CASC Club records
CASC Club Records will be shortly up dated on the website and when your swimmer achieves the age record there is a claim form for you to apply for that specific record.
13) Regional selection
Archie Evans has been selected by the East Midland Development Region to attend the McCullagh International Open Meet in Bangor, Ireland in February 2019 where he will swim with other selected team members from all over the Region. We wish him luck!